The Pink Room program is up for an award from PR News, an organization dedicated to providing resources, information and training to PR and Communication professionals. Each year, PR News has an award ceremony recognizing Corporate Social Responsibility. Their CSR Awards program is designed to recognize organizations that “ took chances, made incredible strides and understand the power of CSR in public relations.” Obviously, we believe that The Pink Room program and our relationship with ABCD falls into this category, and it’s exciting to see that PR News recognizes it as well.
The PR News CSR Awards fall across over a dozen different categories from “Employee Relations” to “Workplace Innovation”; we’re in the running for the “Corporate-Community Partnership” category. What’s most exciting about this, however, is when you look at the businesses we’re up against. From Crafstmen Tools to Toys R US to the WWE, these national and international companies hold big names, and we’re proud to see the InterContinental Milwaukee & ABCD partnership listed among them.
Here are all of the 2013 finalists in the Corporate-Community Partnership category.
- ARAMARK Corp – ARAMARK Building Community
- Baxter International Inc. – Educating Tomorrow’s Innovators Today: Baxter’s Science@Work Program
- Craftsman – Craftsman House United
- Delta Dental – Delta Dental/ADCF “America’s Missions of Mercy”
- eVgo – Evs for Trees
- Golin Harris & Waters Corporation – Building a Global Network to Improve Public Health
- InterContinental Milwaukee – The Pink Room
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company – PG&E Summer Jobs Program
- Toys R US – Fighting Childhood Cancer, One Cup at a Time
- WWE – Be a Star
The Awards Luncheon takes place on Monday the 11th, and we’ll have a representative of the hotel there ready to accept the award should we be so fortunate to win. You can find more information about the event including all of the award categories and nominees here.
Most importantly, we have to thank the wonderful staff at ABCD, and all of the incredibly inspiring and strong women that have made this program possible. We couldn’t do this without you.